Each airline determines the rules about smoking in the cabin. Buying or booking an air ticket, you can check the information on smoking on board aircraft, the selling agent or airline information service.
For most airlines is a priority to take care of safety, health and comfort of its passengers. For a more comfortable flight for flights (both charter and scheduled) airlines completely prohibit smoking in the cabin. Buying a ticket, please read the rules specific airlines regarding smoking on board aircraft, and the penalties provided for violations.
Code of Practice on smoking on board aircraft
If smoking is allowed on board, there are some rules and regulations:
- smoking, making boarding or alighting from / to the aircraft;
- allowed to smoke in the air just sitting in a chair at the designated areas or smoking;
- smoking in a luminous display "No Smoking";
- strictly forbidden to smoke in the cabin toilet because of the danger of ignition and spread of fire;
- passenger is allowed to smoke only cigarettes since tobacco pipes, or cigars, and has a sharp tang, and their burning of the too great.